Location: Miami, Florida
Oversees and provides behavioral individual and/or family therapy and healthcare services through the outpatient clinic.
Job Specific Duties
- Acts as liaison and maintains contacts with other outside agencies for continuity of care.
- Completes an initial psychosocial evaluation including a DSM-V diagnosis, clinical observations and recommendations in the form of a treatment plan.
- Completes billing, documentation, and progress notes immediately /after each visit. Ensures documentation is reflective of the patients' treatment goals and patients' response to therapy.
- Informs Chief Psychologist of patient care concerns.
- Provides evidence based psychological intervention and assessment to patient and families.
- Submits required information for billing immediately after service provided and maintains organized records easily accessed in case of discrepancies.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master's degree mental health field required.
- State of Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in individual, group and family therapy.
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required within 90 days of hire - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- CPI (Crisis Intervention Training) required within 90 days of hire - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- Level II finger printing background required.
- Master's degree in mental health field required.
- At least 1 year experience in individual, group and family therapy with a pediatric population preferred.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Ability to problem solve to formulate a plan for treatment, education or nutrition and to evaluate patient's response to the implementation of the plan.
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus