Location: Miami, Florida
Delivers high quality customer service and thrives in a collaborative fast-paced, multidisciplinary approach to total patient care. Works under the direction of a Registered Nurse and within the scope of practice with the Florida Board of Nursing Practice Act. Responsible for delivering routine patient care for newborns through adolescents in a family centered care environment.
Job Specific Duties
- Completes nursing pain assessment, pain reassessments, and vitals within appropriate timeframe. Communicates with RN to provide updates on nursing interventions, and pertinent information.
- Assists with collecting specimens, transporting specimens to laboratory, obtaining medication from pharmacy, performing EKG, performing CPR, and assisting in various procedures as needed.
- Provides point of care testing with documentation of results in the EMR to include: RSV, Flu, Strep, Pregnancy Tests, I stat - glucose, Occult blood.
- Actively supports patient by transporting to all areas within the hospital for procedures and admissions. Provides support to the RN to manage flow of patients efficiently during the shift.
- Administers appropriate medications and assists with IV Therapy.
- Completes bedside hand off communication at shift change, transfers, and patient reassignments.
- Provides discharge planning paperwork including school notes and participates in patient and family teaching.
- Documents nursing interventions and patient response in a timely manner according to departmental procedures in the Electronic Health record.
- Responsible for restocking of supplies. Assists with room preparation and turnover.
- Promotes an “error free” working environment by consistently providing high-quality safe care as prompted.
- Works to meet/exceed department standards & achieve hospital-wide CEI/SEI standards by completing documents in a timely manner, & being accountable to regulatory requirements of accrediting agencies.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients,and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
Minimum Job Requirements
- LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse LPN Licensure within the State of Florida or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS Maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Institute required within one year in the position
- PALS - American Heart Association PALS Maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 2 years in the position
- BACKGRD - Level II Background Check Maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- ACLS within 1 year in the position and in good standing throughout employment preferred
- Nursing experience in a pediatrics hospital is preferred
- Successfully completed 30-hours post-graduate course on IV Therapy strongly preferred
- Strong customer service, problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and strong time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate and effectively utilize electronic patient care record
- Performs accurate calculations for medication administration
- Ability to perform the duties in accordance with the Nurse Practice Care Act, ANA Code of Ethics and
- Standards of Practice and Performance
- Able to work collaboratively and follow the direction of the Registered Nurse and/or Nursing Leader
- Dedicated to providing excellent customer service and meeting customer expectations
Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
EMERGENCY ROOM NURSING-2100-670600