Location: Wilmington, Delaware
We are seeking Pediatric Emergency Room RNs for all shifts!! Night shifts are available with typical hours ranging from 8p-8a and 12p-12a.
These positions are full time with bi-weekly hours of 72 hours or 60 hours. Schedules will include every 3rd weekend and holiday rotation along with one 8 hour, call shift from October- April.
The pediatric Emergency Department (ED) at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is a 44 bed Department, fully equipped to handle any kind of pediatric emergency in patients from birth to age 18.
Essential Job Functions:
- A registered nurse responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, and providing care to assigned patients
- Utilizes critical thinking to formulate nursing plan based on patient's complex needs and problems.
- Formulates, implements and evaluates nursing plan based on patient complex needs and problems.
- Assists patient and family in discharge planning so that problems and care needs are anticipated and met.
- Serves as an advocate for patient and family in working with other members of the health care team.
- Provides safe and appropriate nursing care through adherence to Nursing Department standards.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN Preferred
- Must have 2-3 years of previous nursing experience
- Pediatric ED and Pediatric preference preferred
- Must be eligible for Delaware State license (or compact license)
- Bilingual Preferred
- American Heart Association BLS Required upon hire
As one of the nation's leading pediatric healthcare systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 280,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children - even those who may never enter our doors - through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours offers its Associates a competitive salary and a robust benefits package that includes relocation, health/life/dental/vision for Associates and their dependents, a wellness program, CME, 403(b) with employer match as well as 457(b) retirement savings plans, licensure and dues allowance, tuition reimbursement, legal plan, adoption assistance and many other benefit options. If you're looking for a position that will allow you to enjoy a work-life balance, have an opportunity for professional growth, and focus on pediatric care, this is the opportunity for you.